Click on the button below to see the full calendar of 2023 Alumni Association Events. Click on an event to see the details of that event.
White Gifts have been a tradition at the Alumni Association for many, many years. Called White Gifts because they were originally wrapped in white paper, these gifts are given by classes to the Alumni Association. In the past, classes have provided the Alumni Association with book collections, the band for the Great American Picnic, author support, building maintenance needs, banner maintenance, Pioneer Hall maintenance, maintenance of the tile mosaics in the Hall of Philosophy and many other things.
Alumni may donate to their class White Gift fund when they pay their dues. White Gift funds are then collected, designated for a project or simply donated for general use of the building, and presented to the Alumni Association President at the Vigil Service on the Sunday evening of Recognition Week.
Here you will find an ongoing list of White Gift needs. If your class would rather provide a monetary gift to one of these areas, those would be gladly accepted, as well.
- Landscaping - purchasing plants in honor or memory of someone
- Sponsoring a brick in our brick walkway
- Maintaining the kiosk in the Grove
- Upgrading a guest room on the third floor
- Repairing/replacing picnic tables on the lawn
- Office chairs for the front desk
- A projector for use in the Ballroom
- Miller and Vincent journals, awarded to those who achieve the higher levels in the Guild. We can place a bookplate in the journals that say, "A Gift from the Class of _____. Congratulations!"
- Dehumidifiers for protecting the Banner Collection - $329 each
- Fans for protecting the Banner Collection
- Banner preservation
WINNIFRED KEMP READING ROOM NEEDS
- Chautauqua Textbook #2 - Studies of the Stars: A Pocket Guide to the Science of Astronomy by Henry W. Warren
- Chautauqua Textbook #5 - Greek History by John H. Vincent
- Chautauqua Textbook #16 - Roman History by John H. Vincent (2 copies)
- Chautauqua Textbook #35 - Outlines of General History by John H. Vincent
- Young Readers' Program
- Donation to the CLSC for future visiting writers
- Sponsor a CLSC author visit
- Sponsoring CLSC memberships for Chautauqua Institution employees
HALL OF PHILOSOPHY
- Preserve the tile mosaics in the Hall of Philosophy
- Repainting of the arches
CIRCLE AND STUDENT SCHOLARSHIPS
- Adopt a teacher/librarian or student. Current costs are $650/yr per teacher or librarian
Hours in Season
9 - 5